School sports are well-known to everyone: from the players, parents, fellow classmates and even competing schools. A school sports tournament is a great way for children to show school spirit while engaging in a favorite activity. But conducting a school sports tournament takes a lot of work. Volunteers and sponsors are so essential to your success. There are some ways you can do to make your school sports tournament run fluently and be an event that everyone will want to engage in, every year.
- Plan ahead. The more time you have to plan for the event, the more time you can take care of every necessary details. This can also assist you find necessary volunteers, sponsors, and publicity for the event. Time is your companion
- Assign jobs. Give each volunteer a specific tasks to achieve. Most school volunteers are parents that often have a full/part-time job, including other obligations. Making your assignment precise and measurable will help them achieve the tasks that need to get done. When people achieve things they usually feel good, making them want to do even more. Give volunteers a tasks that they will enjoy doing, match tasks to their personalities and skill levels.
- Acquire sponsors. Sponsors can often be an essential part of a sports tournament for a school. Some items you may need to find a sponsor for, consist of trophies and refreshments. You may also need to get sponsors for ‘giveaway’ items like sunscreen or visors for the audience. Sponsors for a school event are best found in school community: ask local businesses and ask parents for sponsorship. The best way to get sponsors is for parents to go with a child from the sports team to ask for sponsorship.
- Organize meetings. If you’re holding a sports tournament, you may find it essential to meet with your volunteers to talk about some details of the event from time to time. It is best that you keep your meetings efficient and running smoothly. Volunteers will keep in mind an event that has meetings that starts and ends on time and stay on task. At the meeting, take time to thank everyone for their participation in the event and thank them personally. This as well encourages future involvement, and keeps everyone excited for the event.
- Thank sponsors. It is essential to thank any sponsors that are engaged with your event. Sponsors will reminisce if they are thanked or ignored, and this may conclude their involvement for the coming year. Make a phone call and write a thank you letter for their participation. Writing a letter is essential because some businesses like to hang them in their store to show that they support their local community. This as well benefits you, as it publicizes your sports tournament for the upcoming year.
- Publicize. Your event should be advertised by the local radio station, local newspaper and cable television. Use all types of media available to you. Acquiring your event seen in the media is a time to “boost” school spirit and it is inspiring for the kids to be seen in the school paper. It is also a best opportunity to thank your sponsors for your event. Get a copy of the newspaper, tv show or radio broadcast and share this with your sponsors so they know that they were acknowledged. This will encourage them to be participating for the future.
- The Kids. The focal point of the school sports tournament is all about the children learning about good sportsmanship and having the chance to take part in an event that boosts school spirit. When planning a large event, at times small details go off course. But if you focus on the students having a good time at their event, focus on the bigger picture, all else will matter less. Make sure to thank everyone involved for their participation, with the children having a good time and your excitement they are sure to take part in the activity next year
Science fairs are one of the most sought after events in the school year. This is not only true for the science geeks out there but even for those who may not fancy science at all but enjoy looking at all the ingenious creations displayed during the fair. And for those who do want to join the nest science fair, the questing that is probably bothering you now is what project to make? It takes time and effort to really come up with a good plan so allow us to help you out. Listed below are the kinds of experiments that you can do and inspiring ideas that you can start on!
- Do an investigative study. An investigative study is more like a quest to answer a certain problem. You usually begin by a scientific guess also known as a hypothesis; a possible answer to your question or a potential solution to your problem. You can seek to answer simple questions that still leaves common people baffled; questions that may seem very mundane but can capture the fancy of fair visitors.
- Make models of natural phenomena. No I ma not talking about that usual erupting volcano because there are a lot more natural phenomena out there that you can recreate; such as earth quakes and many others. There are actually kits that are readily available form hobby stores that you can buy but if it is always highly recommended that you make your won design and model.
- Explain common technologies. Showing how ordinary tools or machines work and explaining to the basic processes never fail to catch the interest of fair visitors.
Science fairs are not really all about impressive large scale phenomena and grand inventions. Sometimes, it is all about showing how science works in small and ordinary things that will leave your visitors at awe. So be creative, be open-minded, and be resourceful. There are many websites where you can find interesting projects and could even inspire you to make your very own. And who knows, you might be bagging that trophy for that year’s science fair project!
A PTA meeting is a kind of school activity that involves the teacher and the parents of the students under them. This is considered to be a very important school activity because this is where parents get updated on the status of their kid’s performance in school and a chance for them to sort out any problems that their kids may be encountering in class.
But sometimes, PTA meetings will not always go as you expect them to. Most of the issues are not really answered simply because the conference was not properly planned and the teachers and even the parents, not prepared. This is an unfortunate waste of time and effort, something which could have been prevented given the right preparations was made.
So for all you parent who are frequently attending PTA meetings, here are some points that you need to consider to make that meeting as effective as can be. So read on and get these helpful tips now!
- Create a mental list of what you need to ask the teacher or issues that you need to tackle. Remember, your kid’s teacher has to deal will all the other parents in that meeting so be organized and straight so that you can have all your questions answered during the meeting. PTA meeting come only at most once a month and it would be very difficult to wait for another month to have those issues resolved.
- Work hand in hand with the teacher. Understand that just like you, teachers only have the best intentions for their kids. So if you are facing a problem, work hand in hand with your kids’ adviser to sort it out. This way, your kid will be properly guided by the teacher when he is at school and by you when he comes home.
- Close the meeting with a positive attitude. Be open to the suggestions of the teachers who is the one accompanying your kid throughout his school days. Don’t forget to thank your kid’s adviser for his/her help before you go.
Cultivating a good teacher-parent relationship is very important simply because your child’s performance at school is involved. Taking time to attend to these school activities is a good way of showing your support and love for your kids.
The first day of school may not be as exciting as some people would expect to be. For some, it is a time where they get bombarded with another year of school work and assignments. So for those of you who want to give their students a fresher and a better outlook about school, then the best way to do so is by giving them interesting and fun activities right at the start of the year.
So here are some great suggestions on what you can do on that first day. Remember, keep them interested and give them a taste of all the fun that they will have in class!
Let this first day be all about your students. Yes you read it right. Just for this one day, let go of reading over that rule book (which your students have probably heard of for the nth time) and simply let your kids talk about themselves. This is especially helpful if you have new members in class. Play a word game that will keep everyone interested. Make the environment casual and light and fun. Try not to pry to deep because you might be hitting some sensitive topics. Let them talk in their own pace and share what they want to share.
Another thing that you can do is to play games on the first day of class. You can put get enlarged pictures of images and places and their corresponding names, scatter them all over the room and have the gang arrange and connect the pictures with the names. This will be a fun and rowdy way of starting of the year!
And finally, just let them talk; to you or to their friends. They may have not seen each other for a while and many if not all of them would want to share the adventures that they had for the summer. Just make sure that your voices won’t disturb other classes in the hall. Join in on the conversation and show to them that you are not just there as a teacher but also as a friend. Have a wonderful start of the year!
Promenade nights are considered to be the highlight for every teenager. Thus, it is only right that this night be made as special as can be. Traditional promenades are usually black tie events. Although it is always safer to go with tradition, putting a little twist to the usual makes it so much more memorable and special. One great way of putting a little mystery and excitement to your prom night is by turning it into a masquerade ball.
Now masquerade balls were a popular thing way back in the 16th century where all the people in the ball were said to have worn masks and lavish gowns and costumes. Now, with the modern promenades, this setting is the perfect way to add mystery to the night. You can ask everyone not to take their masks off for the entire night and keep everyone guessing on who is who. You will never know who you are dancing with until the time comes for you to actually take that mask off.
Aside from all that mystery, having to go outside of the usual prom dresses is like a breath of fresh air from a prom night. This way, you have the perfect reason to put on lavish outfits that you are probably never going to wear again. And because masquerade balls were made at the time of the Renaissance, putting on costumes form these times will be create the perfect ambience for romance and mystery. And to give it an even more Renaissance ambience to it, you can also incorporate the design of your hall together with the theme.
So why not try this wonderful idea out. Of course, you would need to have everyone else agree to your prom theme first. Things like these may require quite some planning since you actually have a theme to go with. Promenades may only come once in your life so might as well make it as memorable as it could be – and you can do so by turning the entire event into a romantic, Renaissance masquerade ball!